Friends Out There takes place at Watford Colosseum (WD17 3EX - just 20 mins from London) on 15 February. Map. Further details and ticket prices. It's going to be a blazing celebration of African dance, art and music.
- African drumming, dance, juggling and art workshops for children and adults
- Matt the Statue
- Food, refreshments and craft stalls
- Art exhibition and information about links made between Umulogho Village and schools in Watford.
Doors open at 6pm with live performances from 7.45pm until 00.45am, featuring -
- Kakatsitsi, Master Drummers from Ghana
- Chimanimani from Zimbabwe, music to which apparently even I could not remain seated
- Fire juggling and stilt walking by Area 51, the Masters of Breathtaking
- and Rolf Harris has kindly agreed to perform live, accompanied by his friend Shining Bear on didgeridoo.
More details and tickets available from the box office: 01923 225671, or contact Bev Carter on 0208 387 0483, bevalittlesomething (at) hotmail.co.uk
The main aim of the event is to raise funds to improve facilities in Umulogho village and establish a new school building. We also expect to have an outrageously good time. I'm helping with event management so if you are able to come, ask for me and come and say hello. But be warned, I may be on the lookout for volunteers.